Now that September is here, take a few minutes to check over your home’s exterior.
It’s a good idea to take care of needed repairs before snow and ice create added stress for roofing and siding.
Remember, a little maintenance now can prevent more expensive repairs down the road.
- Check caulk and weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned.
- Schedule an inspection of your heating system; replace furnace filter.
- Clean and inspect dryer hoses and vents.
- Be sure your attic has enough insulation and proper ventilation.
- Check roof for damaged shingles or flashing.
- Clear gutters and downspouts.
- Blow out sprinkler systems.
- Winterize or insulate exterior faucets.
- Drain and store garden hoses.
Short on time? Call Exteriors by Highmark at 952-641-6086 to schedule a free roofing and siding inspection at your convenience.